Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Computers

One thing you do need when building robots is a computer, besides them be useful for, well for everything, you need them to program the microcontrollers. These I believe can be programed in anything from BASIC to C. Then of course compiled and downloaded.

So I figured I'm build a spare computer that only has be be able to allow me to program (and some web surfing) and keep that at my robot workstation. I've got a spare flat screen monitor that I use for LAN parties (yes, I'm that big of a geek) and enough spare computer parts to build a spare machine. Well the problem with using a bunch of old parts is that some of them work and some of them don't. I've spent the last couple of days trying different combinations of parts trying to get a computer up and running. Well next I have to get an OS on and get it up and running so I can program my microcontroller, to set my servo, so I can modify my servo, so I can build my chassis...

No comments:

Post a Comment