Friday, March 20, 2009

Wire

So my $50 robot tutorial assumes you already have wire to connect your circuits. I didn't but finding wire isn't really that hard. Knowing how to find cheap wire online with all the options on the other had. I had gotten some wire from radio shack, 3 rolls 25' each red, black, and green for about $7-$8, but I keep going through it, I'm trying to figure out how to get more wire, more colors and not cost so much. Just make sure you get solid and not stranded, stranded doesn't stay together well enough to get in little holes. From what I can tell 22 guage is about standard size. After looking a while I found a site that has 100' rolls for $5.95 (and just about anything else you can think of), although I make no promises about the quality of the site.

http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/category/825450/Wire-/-Cable/Hook-Up-100-Rolls-/1.html
Oops, it looks like his is stranded wire :(

But electronicx express does have 25' rolls for $1.05 (100' rolls are $5)

No comments:

Post a Comment